Listen to the 2.0 lecture and read over the details for assignments three and four.
Skim over topics 2.1 though to 2.4 – think about which elements interest you the most, and what you might like to focus on for your Reflective Web Media Creation and the related Pitch.
- Topic 2.1: Remix // Mashup //Copyright
- Topic 2.2: YouTube Creativity & Participatory Culture
- Topic 2.3: Mobile Media & Apps
- Topic 2.4: Spreadability
I can’t imagine doing any of these, but perhaps a mashup will be the easiest.
There are four videos below. Some have content that relates to this unit, but all are in a format and style that would make an appropriate Reflective Web Media Creation. Think about how these videos were probably constructed. What techniques were likely used and how long would it have taken to make each one? Do you think any of these videos show a style you might like to try and utilise? How else might you approach the format of your Reflective Web Media Creation?
This assignment I find terrifying. I think some of the videos are quite doable, but others require assets I don’t have. Techniques would have included storyboarding, and each video would have taken several weeks to construct, particularly to ensure a good script etc.
Other Videos to Consider:
- Hi, I’m a Marvel… and I’m a DC: The Musical (100th Video), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPh8aIdR-4
- Chat Roulette Funny Piano Improv #1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTwJetox_tU
- Google Demo Slam: Epic Docs Animation, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt9F7tKcZcU
Possible useful links: