This study period I am doing units that are not part of my degree because I am expecting to only be available sporadically due to other commitments.
VIS14 – Intro to Drawing is a first level unit offered by RMIT.
It turns out this is an expensive unit simply because of the list of materials needed.
- 1 box of willow charcoal (thick)
- 1 box of willow charcoal (medium)
- 2 or 3 sticks conte (black)
- 2 sticks conte (white)
- 2 or 3 black pastels (soft)
- 1 or 2 grey pastels (soft)
- 1 or 2 white pastels (soft)
- 1 or 2 graphite pencils or sticks (6B)
- 2 black felt tip pens (medium and fine point)
- 1 bottle black drawing ink
- Optional media for experimentation; gouache, watercolour gesso, shellac, bitumen.
- 2 or 3 sable ink brushes (sizes 2, 4 and 8)
- 1 or 2 (soft and hard) erasers
- 1 can of spray or 1 bottle (with atomiser) of fixative
- 1 cutting knife and blades (Stanley type)
- 2 bulldog clips (medium)
- 1 sturdy drawing folio
- 1 drawing board approx 60cm x 80cm (particle board) you may make this yourself
- Light frame drawing easel (not essential)
- Optional additional materials; masking tape, rags, other folios and cardboard storage tubes
- newsprint, cartridge, quality rag paper and sketch books.